Difficult conversations are those that we often delay having. When these necessary conversations are ignored, unspoken words are often reflected in unproductive ways. How well we handle these “critical conversations” depends on how skilled we are at leveraging our interpersonal communication and managing difficult people.
Effectively Handling Difficult Conversations will help you maximize the performance of staff, co-workers and colleagues, both individually and as a team, by raising participants’ awareness of the different communication styles and tools required for different conversations.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand the benefits for both you and others in having difficult conversations
- Identify the challenges encountered when dealing with difficult conversations
- Develop strategies to effectively identify, prepare for, engage in and respond to difficult conversations
What Will You Learn:
- How to leverage communication styles to have candid discussions on sensitive issues
- Learn how to recognize the “warning signs” of a difficult conversation that is about to derail
- Identify the different types of difficult people and how to deal with them when issues arise
This webinar will be facilitated by Payroll Compliance Advisors from the Compliance Services and Programs department at the Canadian Payroll Association. This informative 90 minute webinar will include a 60 minute presentation and a 30 minute session to answer live and pre-submitted questions.
Participants are invited to submit their questions in advance by e-mailing Webinars@payroll.ca before May 15, 2018.
!! IMPORTANT !! Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local
desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
After registering online for an archived webinar, you will receive an email confirmation that is sent approximately 2 business days
after the registration has been processed. This email contains the login information for the webinar.
Cancellations: No refunds will be issued once the email containing the login information has been provided.