This compliance seminar provides an in-depth overview of Quebec labour standards legislation — in plain language. You will receive the latest legislative updates to help you stay compliant and avoid litigation on topics such as: determining and calculating hours of work (overtime, banking of overtime and staggering of hours); statutory holidays and vacations; processing paid and unpaid legislative leaves (sick leave, maternity, paternity, parental, bereavement, etc.); and terminations. We will also review Occupational Health and Safety (CNESST) and Pay Equity and Harassment requirements.
Who should attend:
This seminar is a comprehensive introduction to the standards of employment within Quebec that impact the day-to-day payroll operations and administration for payroll practitioners, office managers and other business professionals responsible for payroll.
You will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on exercises, and ask questions that may be addressed during the presentation.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify employees that are covered by the Act respecting labour standards, including the new requirements under Bill 176
- Describe what the minimum standards are that apply to the minimum age and wage
- Define hours of work
- Perform an overtime and vacation pay calculation using CNESST tools
- Identify the various types of legislative leaves including the new paid Personal Emergency Leave
- Describe the employee’s entitlements while on leave
- Identify the new vacation entitlement
- Differentiate individual vs. group termination
- Define temporary layoffs
- Calculate payment of wages on termination
- Identify the pay frequency and timing under which an employee is required to be paid
- Describe the required information on the pay statement
- Summarize the information required for each employee and retention periods
- Calculate CNESST awards including first 14 days
- Identify other legislative requirements
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.