If you want to mitigate your organization’s risk of receiving costly fines and penalties, your knowledge and expertise needs to extend beyond federal legislation and the Canada Revenue Agency. You also need deep and specific knowledge of all the legislated requirements set forth by every provincial government in which your organization pays employees.
As Canada’s most populace province and home to near 8 million workers, Ontario is often the focus for employers and their payroll professionals. To help, the Canadian Payroll Association has developed this two-day seminar to provide payroll professionals in Ontario with the federal legislative compliance requirements they need before taking a deep dive into the specific requirements for employers in Ontario.
- Employment standards legislation
- Hours Of Work
- Public Holidays
- Job-Protected Leaves
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) payroll requirements
- Ontario Employer Health Tax
- Ontario family support and court-ordered garnishments
- Termination of employment
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify whether an employee-employer relationship exists
- Apply minimum standards required under the Ontario Employment Standards Act 2000
- Determine taxable employment income, including cash wages as well as employer provided benefits
- Manage legal deductions for garnishments and family support for employees in Ontario
- Calculate and remit Ontario Employer Health tax
- Calculate and remit WSIB premiums
- Process payroll and withhold the required statutory deductions for CPP contributions, EI premiums and income tax.
- Process remittances to CRA
- Manage termination of employment, including final payments and issuance of a Record of Employment (ROE)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Payroll professionals administering a payroll in Ontario who are:
- new to processing payroll for employees in Ontario
- in need of a refresher on Ontario payroll requirements
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you on the morning of the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.