Payroll professionals must apply the legislative requirements of the federal government, as implemented by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), as well as those specific to the province in which the organization employs workers. Payroll Administration in British Columbia is essential for those managing payroll processes to mitigate the risk of costly fines and penalties.
This seminar will provide payroll professionals in British Columbia (B.C.) with the federal legislative compliance requirements and the specific provincial requirements applicable to employees in B.C. such as:
- Employment standards legislation
- hours of work
- public holidays
- job-protected leaves
- WorksafeBC payroll requirements
- B.C. Employer Health Tax
- B.C. family support and court-ordered garnishments
- Termination of employment
How to access your session:
You will be sent the information on how to access your online seminar three business days before the live event. If you do not receive the login information three days before the seminar, check your email SPAM folder. If it's not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify whether an employee-employer relationship exists
- Apply minimum standards required under the Employment Standards Act
- Determine taxable employment income, including cash wages as well as employer provided benefits
- Process payroll and withhold the required statutory deductions for Canada Pension Plan (CPP) contributions, Employment Insurance (EI) premiums and income tax.
- Process remittances to CRA
- Manage legal deductions for garnishments and family support for employees in B.C.
- Calculate and remit B.C. Employer Health tax
- Calculate and remit WorksafeBC premiums
- Manage termination of employment, including final payments and issuance of a Record of Employment (ROE)
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for payroll professionals administering a payroll in B.C. who are:
- new to processing payroll for employees in B.C.
- in need of a refresher on B.C. payroll requirements
- Bookkeeping professionals looking for an introduction to paying employees in British Columbia
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you the day before the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.