Learning Payroll II expands on the concepts from Learning Payroll I by exploring more complex processes and government requirements. This interactive, exercise-based seminar covers the fundamentals of irregular payments, government remittance and reporting, along with basic termination information and how to complete the ROE.
This full-day seminar provides opportunities to ask questions, network with other professionals, and learn from best practice examples. Valuable take home materials include exercises and Learning Payroll II learning materials.
The second-step in payroll
Learning Payroll II is ideal for:
- New staff with no or limited exposure to payroll and junior payroll staff
- Practitioners returning to the payroll field
- Other professionals who have functional responsibility for payroll (bookkeepers, accountants, and HR professionals)
- Suppliers providing payroll services to corporate customers.
Although Learning Payroll I is not a prerequisite, it is strongly recommended.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Calculate and produce irregular payments using the bonus tax method
- Best practices and procedures for correcting payroll
- Identify, classify and calculate statutory remittances to Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Quebec
- Describe, categorize and evaluate other government reporting such as health taxes and workers compensation premiums
- Determine the termination notice based on province of employment
- Prepare the Record of Employment (ROE) form
How to access your session:
You will be sent the information on how to access your online seminar three business days before the live event. If you do not receive the login information three days before the seminar, check your email SPAM folder. If it's not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
- Irregular earnings
- Vacation pay
- Overtime pay
- Pay in lieu of notice
- Sick leave payments
- Retroactive payments
- Correcting errors and recovering salary or wage
- Correction a payroll error
- Pay adjustment to correct an underpayment
- Recovering overpayment
- Salary paid in error
- Repayment of salary or wages
- Statutory remittances and reporting
- Canada Revenue Agency payroll account
- When and how to remit to the CRA
- Employment Insurance premium reduction
- Revenu Québec enterprise number
- When and how to remit to the RQ
- Other government reporting and record retention
- Provincial healthcare and education taxes and remittances
- Provincial workers' compensation reporting
- Statistics Canada
- Records retention
- Privacy legislation
- Termination of employment
- Notice of termination
- Salary continuance
- Severance pay
- Retiring allowances
- Record of Employment
- Commission record of employment
Please note that after registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation that confirms your registration. Confirmation emails are sent approximately within 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the online PD seminar on the scheduled day.
Also, detailed instructions on accessing the online PD seminar will be emailed to you the day before the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.