Enhance your Excel skills, increase your productivity and improve the accuracy of your reports to ensure compliance with the various government requirements. Learn through hands-on, interactive exercises tailored to the roles and responsibilities of payroll professionals, and explore Excel tips and tricks to make everyday activities and reporting more efficient.
Developed especially for payroll professionals looking to enhance their Excel skills, this seminar will significantly increase your productivity and improve the completeness of your reports to ensure compliance with the various government requirements. Expert instructors François Jasmin (CPA, CA) and Stéphane L’Archevêque (AICB) each have over 20 years of experience, having managed and supervised payroll departments.
Learn through hands-on, interactive exercises tailored to the roles and responsibilities of payroll professionals and understand Excel tips and tricks for activities and reports including:
- Tracking of salary increases
- Production of workforce budgets
- Tracking of actual labour costs versus budgets
- Tracking of sick leave and vacation banks
- Year-end reconciliation of fringe benefits (CNT, CNESST, RRQ, Employment Insurance)
- Tables for tracking garnishments, alimony and child support
- Spreadsheets for retroactive pay increases
Before you register to this training, please make sure you have the basic knowledge required by clicking on this link.
- Addressing absolute and mixed cells
- Database structure
- Importing data
- Converting data from payroll systems
- Cleaning data
- Data transformation
- Connecting with external databases
- Essential functions to be mastered
- Date functions
- Text functions
- Logical functions
- Search functions
- Statistical functions
- Array formulas (synthesis formula)
- Creating tables
- Using named fields
- Drop-down menus
- Structure of array formulas
- Conditional formatting
- Rules for highlighting cells
- Icon sets
- Custom rules
- Creating check and validation rules
- Navigation sheets
- 3D functions
- Consolidating data for multi-tab files
- Managing security
- Protecting a workbook
- Protecting a worksheet
- Controlling editable areas
- Technical clarification
Solutions d'affaires SLV Inc. will provide the notebook computers and USB flash drives required for this seminar.
Your registration includes: seminar presentation, course reference manual and handouts, exercises with answers, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments for all breaks.
Dress code is business casual. Please dress in layers to accommodate temperature fluctuations.
CANCELLATIONS OR SEMINAR TRANSFER: Requests must be received in writing at least five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes per day/per registrant for all sessions cancelled or transferred will apply. Cancellation or transfer requests received less than 5 business days prior to the seminar date are not eligible for transfer or refund.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS or concerns regarding this registration, please contact member services at email@example.com